Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Wrenvasion

 Cat was shouting at the door to be let in, with that peculiar note in her voice that lets you know, "I'm home, and I have something for you." I went to try to get her to release it, not letting her in until she lets it go, and she did - but her victim was confused and flew IN to the house, not away from it.

I spent the morning hunting for it on and off - I guess as Cat intended, although my purpose not to murder. It was a tiny wren and seemed completely unharmed by her, although you can't see the psychological wounds, I guess. 

It hid under the armchair and all sorts of places, and was so dinky and fast, that I had no sense of where it was apart from when it would show itself and fly. I had all the doors and windows open and was just hoping it would find its own way out. Every time I thought it must have by now and thought I could probably close them, it would reappear. 

Eventually it popped out from under the bureau and looked at me, head tilted, so very cutely. Then it went under again, so I crept over and flushed it out. It flew straight across the living room and out of the door! Freeeddomm! 


Picture of where the wren was a second before. Good eh? (The white stuff is fake snow from the Xmas tree I haven't hoovered up yet, and yes, I should sort out my wiring, and pick up that DVD boxset.)

No comments: