Sunday, January 09, 2022

Badele

 I don't know what it is, but I find Adele's music really grating. I know everyone seems to think she's awesome, and I can see that she has an amazing voice and all that - but I can't listen to most of her stuff. In the lead up to the release of her new album, the radio station seemed to be going out of their minds over it, and I'm like, please god, no. 

It's the way she drags some notes out - take it eeeeeeeeeeasy on me baby - take it easy on my ears, please. 

Also, I don't like the content of her lyrics generally: they often seem self-pitying to me. In regard to the song "Easy on me" - if you done fucked up as a parent, as we all do, just hold your hands up to it and don't make excuses. You can hope your children look back with understanding and know you did your best with the tools you had (if you did), but I don't think it's right to ask for that, to put that on them. 

Her more cheerful songs I can get along with better, but the ballads are so bloody miserable, I have to switch off. I don't mind "Skyfall": it's got the proper Bond sound to it, but there are far better Bond theme songs. "Live & let die" is probably my favourite. The songs are generally the best bit about Bond movies. 

No comments: