Tuesday, January 18, 2022

There's good news and there's annoying news

I'm pleased that the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Crime bill has been voted down by the House of Lords. Thank goodness we have them. It's scary that the government are trying to create such powers to stop and limit protest.

Boris, in interview today

 The row about number 10 having parties during Covid restrictions goes on and on. Boris' pathetic "nobody warned me it was against the rules" today made me roll my eyes hard. Cummings says he was alerted to the fact it wasn't appropriate; Boris says he was not. 

But Boris, aren't you supposed to be the person in ultimate charge of what the rules were? 

Surely you should know them yourself and be able to figure out what contravenes them if you are in charge of the country? Or shit, let's aim lower than following the rules because you put them in place and it's the right thing to do - what about what might make you look bad if it came out publicly? Should you really need that to be spoon-fed to you? "Nobody told meee"? Really? That's the best you've got? 

It's the breath-taking complacency and arrogance of the lot of them that vexes me. Him doing his bumbling, sad-eyed, over-grown toddler act, saying "I'm very very sowwy" & "I didn't kno-oh-oh-ohw" in the hopes Nanny Public won't spank his botty does nothing to endear him to me. 


Finished (last night) Day of the Dead - Nicci French


No comments: