Monday, March 07, 2022

Beta block

 Ha, I feel slightly hurt and miffed that I was asked by my newly writing acquaintance to be a beta reader for their book, but they evidently forgot or decided against me. They are now talking online about their excitement/anxiety about having given the book to their beta readers. 

Now, truthfully, I was dubious about agreeing to read it, as it's quite a big commitment not just to read it, but presumably within a timeframe, and try to have useful feedback about it too. When they asked, I was pretty bland in my response as I wasn't confident I would manage it, and I didn't follow up on it. 

So it's a relief and I didn't really want to do it anyway. I sort of liked the idea of doing it, but I was conscious that I'd probably find it stressful and might have ended up letting them down. 

Doesn't stop it smarting a bit tho! 

Feelings are weird. 

No comments: