Sunday, August 07, 2022

Sandi oh Sandi

 Reading Sandi Toksvig's open letter to the Arch-Bish, I felt the beginnings of tears in my eyes. I mean, I cry at the drop of the hat, but it's so disheartening that the Church feels the need to come out with this stuff. 

I mean, we all know that's what they believe, don't we? Love the sinners, hate the sin, isn't it? The fact that the Church shifts to be more liberal and inclusive in many ways doesn't change those fundamentals. You can want to be accepted and these days the Church will go some way to envelop you in its squishy folds, but somewhere in there, is the solid wall of an old book with a long convention of understanding of its stories, telling you the way you love is wrong, if you're gay.   

I like when the Church stands up for things I agree with, of course, like when they spoke out against the "I know, let's send asylum seekers to Rwanda, that'll give our racist fuck-face core voters full-on robot chubbies for us" policy. 

So maybe I'm a hypocrite. Talk about what I want you to talk about, dammit!





Sorry about the multiple, somewhat mismatched grabs of her letter, it offends my sensibilities too, but it's close enough and I'm not so anal I can be bothered to work out perfect matching this sunny Sunday morning. I'm just trying to avoid linking to Twatter, as it is not a pleasing place to visit for me. Both depressing and enraging, and a massive time-suck if I go into that rabbit-hole. Stay out! Stay out!

No comments: