Thursday, June 02, 2022

Derp

 There's been a lot, a LOT, in the news and social media about Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard. 

I don't know the truth of it. I made sure not to follow it properly. 

I do know both men and women can be domestic abusers. I do know that there are no perfect victims who always act within social expectations of how a victim should react. I do know that a person who is the victim can sometimes also return the abuse. 

I think it's madness that the whole thing was televised and the jury were not sequestered. 

And essentially both of them lost, in my opinion, and so did onlookers and cheerleaders and side-takers - the whole spectacle of it was horrifying and depressing.

I used to like Depp as an actor, but whether he abused her or not, the quotes I've seen from messages he sent were vile and misogynistic, and my opinion of him is through the floor. Can't say it's done a lot for my opinion of Paul Bettany either - I mean, grim. 


No comments: