Sunday, October 13, 2019

Bedtime

Tonight I'm sharing my room with an angery cat, Chuckles the spider and a copy of Atwood's Testaments that is making me feel guilty.

Fortunately Chuckles has made himself scarce. He lives under the skirting board and mostly hides while I'm about, which is the way we can co-exist most reasonably. He does make me feel a little awkward about going that side of the room, but I am not moved to destroy him if he sticks to that area. It's when they're above and likely to descend on you that they cause me most horror.

(It occurs to me that Chuckles is not far off from Chuckie as a horror name, I did not think of that before.)

The cat is angery because I had to interfere with important sleeping she was doing, by putting on the duvet cover. She decided to to help with my efforts, which was amusing, trying to catch the end of the duvet and disappearing into it.

This morning, like a magician, I was able to decloak the duvet and remove the sheet without disturbing her much, sliding it out from under like a table cloth, ta dah! But putting one back on is another matter.

Anyway she is no longer angered and is resting a tooth on my forearm singing as we lie here, so all is forgiven.

The book, on the other hand, lies on the bed in a much less forgiving manner. I must read it soon.

I regret telling my online friend I have a copy as she only went and read hers in one sitting, and has asked me what I think. I think nothing! I am struggling to read at the moment. Sleeping, on the other hand, yes. Oh yes.

No comments: