Thursday, October 05, 2006

Peter Pan

Today I've made a Peter Pan costume, because it's "be a character from a book" day at school. Very easy to make: I just snipped triangles out of a green t-shirt I got from a charity shop to make the tunic, and S has a pair of green leggings to go with it. The hat was a little more complicated and involved actual sewing, but it's turned out quite nicely. And for once, a MacDonalds toy has proved useful: it's a Peter Pan dagger. (I feel the need to add a disclaimer that we very rarely eat there :D. Must justify myself as a parent in every way!)

Coincidentally, there is a sequel to Peter Pan out today, Peter Pan in Scarlet, I think it's called. The reviews have sounded quite positive and I believe Great Ormond Street is going to benefit from it, so that'll be good. I usually have a sinking of the heart when I hear of sequels (and remakes).

No comments: