Saturday, January 23, 2016

I call this victory

The other day, the internal lights of my car were staying on for no apparent reason. I didn't know why, and was quite worried that it would end up with me unable to start the car the next day cos it drained the battery. And so, I investigated and figured out how to get into the internal light, and decided, if I couldn't make it stop lighting by pressing buttons, I'd remove the bulb. It was quite stiff, but I did eventually get it out without breaking it. Shortly afterwards I figured out which button on the dashboard had been accidentally pushed, so all the bulb wrangling was no longer necessary. But it's a victory. Ok, I didn't spot the problem straight off, but I did figure out a workaround. And also learnt how to change the bulbs in the internal lights. I learned a thing!

It's minor, but it's the sort of thing I would have previously left in M's lap to deal with, in stereotypical gender division of roles. So it makes me happy to solve it myself. The small victories.


No comments: