Monday, April 16, 2012

Twin pique

Is it wrong to be mildly irritated by a FaceBook status telling friends to remember to send two cards to some one year old twins, rather than one?

It's fair enough when the twins are older and give a toss about cards, but one year old babies? I wouldn't send only one present to twins, absolutely, and I daresay it does get wearing if people treat twins as if they're not individuals. But blimey, I don't even see the point of cards to tiny children. The only people this is about pleasing is the mum and dad.

Oh, hang on - maybe it's a hint to people who would send a single present. Perhaps they're trying not to seem grabby by making it about cards. Irritation fading...


It seems a shame that this post, which I decided earned the label of 'drivel', turns out to be my 1000th post on this blog. I might add some links to some of my favourite posts in celebration...

No comments: