Saturday, January 01, 2011

Odd views

Happy New Year!

I've had a cold the last few days and one of the symptoms has been light-headedness: a feeling that my mind is somehow detached from my body and is riding somewhere to the right above my shoulder with loosely held reins in hand. I weave like a couple at closing time who are not sure whose house they're going to.

It's not bad at all. I could lose the sore throat, but otherwise it's kind of weird and pleasant. An odd view of myself as myself while not convinced that self is my real self!

It's certainly a better view than the odd view of myself I had in the M&S fitting rooms a while ago. Like most shops they've got some flattering mirrors in their cubicles, but there was one to give a side-view, and by crikey it was an 'orrible sight. Obviously they can flatter in two directions, but catch a glimpse of the third and it's like stepping through into a savage reality.

Anyway, it's 2011. Let's hope savage realities are few and woozy joys are many.

2 comments:

ellie said...

Happy New Year, hope you are better soon.

Blast those changing room mirrors - they usually make my hair look a mess somehow.

Mephitis said...

Happy new year Ellie :)