Monday, May 12, 2008

Misnomer

Slow worms are not at all slow.

Nor are they worms. But the slowness is particularly wronger than a wrong thing about their name, as it goes. Although worms would probably have something to say about the worm aspect.
I saw one today as I gardened, which is why I seek to benefit you with this not-so surprising knowledge that you may well have already known. I knew it beforehand too, but it's nice to see it demonstrated by the critter itself. I hadn't seen one since I was a child*.

I am loving the sunny weather of the last few days - we've picnicked and beached. I swam in the sea yesterday, and by fuck, it was cold! Still after about quarter of an hour of determination it felt warmer.

Or possibly I'd lost all sensation.


* I know there are too many word repetitions in this post, but it was deliberate and it made I larf.

No comments: