Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dick

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

I wonder if I will ever read Valis all the way through. It's a book I've attempted loads of times, and it sits in the bathroom where occasionally I re-open it. It's a bit of a stereotypically male thing that, reading in the toilet, and it's not something I usually subscribe to (as a sneering woman), but somehow Valis sits in there and offers itself to me.

But I can't bring myself to start it all over again, so I dip in and out of it. I went through a phase when I was reading a lot of Philip K Dick, but since I got stuck on Valis I haven't read anything more of his. It's a self-imposed "no more Dick until you've finished your last one" mandate. :D

It's been years. Stubborn, me?!

No comments: