Wednesday, September 06, 2006

"Everybody goes to a gypsy, right?"

Er, no...

I met Y yesterday. She was out walking with her daughter and her bloke, and we (T, S & I) ran into them as we were returning from the park after school. We chatted for a while at the top of the hill, and since the conversation seemed to be going on a while, I asked them down for a coffee. It was all very pleasant, although I don't think we have an awful lot in common anymore. I don't think I'm the person she knew, although she doesn't seem to have changed all that much.

But then, I don't really know her very well these days, I guess.

She was telling me about this remarkable experience she had with a psychic: that the woman had predicted she would have great worry over a little girl and that a man would be worried too, and in May there would be lots of changes. At the time she thought it was all about a girl she teaches. Now she connects it to her premature baby. (Which was late April, but maybe I'm just too pernickety ;)). She went on to say that the psychic had got loads wrong, but it was amazing about what she did get right.

Er, no...

Two hits in a reading, out of how many? ("Loads" wrong, from Y's own view.) And from what she said about the reading, it all sounded exceptionally vague and widely applicable to me.

£25. Pffft.

I didn't bother sharing my opinion, I thought I'd save it for a rant here. :D

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

Yes, agreed :).


I like the new layout... I think.

We fear change. (You have to visualise Garth from Wayne's World beating a robot arm into stillness with a hammer at this point. :D)