Thursday, September 07, 2006

Don't give me no backtalk, sucker

My young Mr T was difficult last night. We haven't had that many broken nights lately, but he seems to have started up again.

He got me up at 1.30, every 5 minutes until nearly half 2, at which point I decided to pretend to sleep on the bedroom floor beside him. I crept out at around 3, but although he had appeared to be deeply asleep, clearly he wasn't.

Eventually I took him downstairs, and we dozed off on the sofa together. At around 4am, I attempted to spirit him upstairs to bed, but although I managed to get into my own bed, just as I was dropping off a terrible wailing commenced. Argh.

In the end, I brought him into bed with us, which I hope hasn't set a precedent. :( It's difficult because I don't want to have him screaming so much as to wake up S, while she has school in the morning. I might have to get stern at the weekend in hope of breaking this habit, as there seems to be no real reason he is waking.

Don't give me no back-talk, sucker.
I pity the fool.
First name Mr, middle name period, last name T.
Don't make me mad! Grrrrr
Quit your gibber-jabber!

I have a Mr T keyring, which says all the, er, inspiring things above. It's particularly good in quiet shops and cafes. :D

No comments: