Friday, August 11, 2006

The wuss and the tooth fairy

My little girl lost a front tooth today.

It had been wobbly for ages, giving her a slight gap to one side of her tooth. But the actual loss was a bit dramatic as she was playing under a chair and M hauled her out in playful fashion, but unfortunately there must have been a bit too much of the rough in rough-housing: she knocked her tooth and there was blood! Eek!

So that was yukky. I am hopeless with blood, especially that of my children. It was a good job M was there, as the tooth was still hanging by a thread, and he removed it. I don't think I could have: we would have ended up at the nurse or dentist.

I am absolutely hopeless. :( What happens if one of them has a serious accident, will I just go to pieces then? I suppose I was looking after her alright and would have got her to medical attention had she needed it (I know it's only a tooth!).

I feel quite queasy and light-headed just writing this.

But S is happy, the tooth fairy will be coming tonight. :)

2 comments:

Abby said...

If an emergency happens you will coast along on adrenaline, and you will do what you have to do, so don't sweat it, and don't worry about things that haven't happened yet. Life's too short.

My son lost his second baby tooth the other day! We have a tooth fairy box for teeth. I could send it to you, but putting the tooth under the pillow works just as well.

Hippernicus said...

You're right, of course. :) I was just so churned up afterwards, it was ridiculous. It took me most of the day to start feeling normal again! Daft bat, that I am.

But I suppose when I think about it, I've done plenty of hospital stays with the kids: it's only afterwards I fall to pieces. :D