Monday, July 31, 2006

The Truman Show

The Truman Show was on Channel 4 last night. It's been a long time time since I first saw it. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

It's one of the few films Jim Carrey has done where gurning with his manic & mobile face doesn't dominate the film. He was much more restrained and showed he can act, & he was actually quite good-looking in it too. I don't know whether he had a director that held him back, or whether he was eager to show himself in a more straight-acting role.

A friend has frequently recommended him as an actor, especially in a film called The Majestic. I haven't actually had the opportunity to watch that film all the way through, although I've seen parts of it. I shall look out for it a bit more.

Anyway, I love the premise of the film and it kept me up until the end, where I often abandon films on telly when it gets around to 11 (the children rise at 6).

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

:D

He was actually very good. I did like the film first time round, but 2nd time, I saw more in it.

I think what the character played is like is vital to fanciability. :D