Friday, July 07, 2006

Hatred of blogs

I was reading a page by Maddox about how he hates the word blog and its variations. Maddox

"Blogging: If minds had anuses, blogging would be what your mind would do when it had to take a dump."

Which made me laugh and also made me think about why I blog. But naturally I don't think my blog is the mental equivalent of emptying my bowels.

Maybe it is self-indulgent, but so what? It's no more self-indulgent than his site. :D

And I acknowledge that I write this for myself primarily, although I'm happy to share it with friends. Probably bore them shitless, if they read it regularly, but it's just stuff I want to express or note down. I think he's wrong if he thinks everyone is aiming for lots of approval from strangers through their blogs, I think a lot are just done for people's own amusement and to keep in touch with their friends' lives.

He does make me laugh tho, with his rants, even tho I disagree on some things.

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

Um, no. Sorry! :D

I followed a link from a forum. I didn't know you knew of him. :D