Friday, June 02, 2006

In the name of accuracy

I was a bit inaccurate earlier :D.

Songs- - no, song.
And hate, well, hate is a very strong word.

But when I hear that song, I just want to shout "Get over it!", "Get a grip!" and "Take responsibility for yourself!"

In a harsh and grumpy way.

Yes,
"They fuck you up, your mum and dad. / They may not mean to, but they do. / They fill you with the faults they had / And add some extra, just for you." (Philip Larkin) but then again ... at a certain point in your life, you have the choice and opportunity to try to be who you want to be.

I really like this:


Don’t try to find yourself. Decide who you want to be and be it.
Don't try to find the meaning of your life. Find the things that you want to mean something to you and pursue them. Knock off the finding and searching and get down to the doing.


Which was written by someone on a forum I frequent. It sounds simple, but it's actually hard to live up to. I think it's worthwhile tho, to try to be more than the sum of your parts. I think the past has a huge impact on who we are, but it's better not to let it control us forever.

No comments: